Hull SCB Logo
Size: View this website with small text View this website with medium text View this website with large text View this website with high visibility

Worried About a Child?

If you are concerned about a child's welfare or worried they are being abused, you can make a telephone referral to the Hull Children’s Social Care Early Help and Safeguarding Hub (EHaSH) by calling (01482) 448 879.

Outside normal office hours, you can contact the Immediate Help Team by calling (01482) 300 304.

The EHaSH Contact and Referral Form can also be used to share information with Children’s Social Care. For more information on how to make a referral, please see Contacts and Referrals with Children’s Social Care Procedure.

If you are unsure about what to do, the government publication What to do if You’re Worried a Child is being Abused: Advice for Practitioners, and the contents of the Hull Safeguarding Children's Partnership Guidelines and Procedures Manual can provide guidance. In addition Hull Safeguarding Children Board Threshold of Need Framework and Guidance provides information on identifying needs and analysing risk when working to strengthen and support families.

Alternatively you can call the NSPCC for advice and support on 0808 800 5000 or email them